We are proud to be a member of the CCTA and operate by a strict code of practice that means we only ever lend to our customers responsibly.
Logbook loans are a convenient way of borrowing money that use your vehicle as security. Using your car as security allows you to get better interest rates compared to some other forms credit.
Loans are secured against cars / vehicles using a document called a “Bill of Sale”. A Bill of Sale allows you to keep possession of your car while you repay the loan - we simply keep hold of the car’s logbook.
The amount you will be able to borrow will be dictated by how much you can comfortably afford to repay each month. The value of the vehicle being used as security also affects the amount that you can borrow.
We were the very first company to offer logbook loans in the UK. We now have over 17 years of experience making Mobile Money Ltd the longest established logbook loans company in the UK†
As a responsible lender that is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) we ensure that each logbook loan we provide is suitable and affordable. We’re very proud to be members of the Consumer Credit Trade Association (CCTA) and we always operate by a strict Code of Practice.
In order to apply for a logbook loan you must be able to meet all of these essential requirements:
• You must live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland: Logbook loans are not available in Scotland.
• You must be aged 18 years or above: All applications from anyone under 18 will not be successful.
• You must own the car: You must be named as the “Registered Keeper” on your vehicle’s logbook.
• Your car must be worth at least £700: Ideally your car / vehicle should not be any older than 2010.
• Your car must be free of finance: If your car is on finance then it cannot be used for a logbook loan.
• Your car must be taxed, MOT’d and insured: Vehicles under a “SORN” declaration will not qualify.